Russell T. Davies’ Wizards vs. Aliens

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Science Fiction Sci-Fi On The Screen Russell T. Davies’ Wizards vs. Aliens

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Steve WSteve W
    Participant

I just couldn’t get past the first couple of episodes. Like I’ve stated before, the premise is interesting but they don’t make enough out of it. And since it’s aimed at 21st century children, it’ll never attain the levels that past stories made for the under-teen set ever reached, like Harry Potter or Doctor Who. Basically, it’s a cheap BBC kid’s show, I shouldn’t expect much.

And renewed for season three, though that season will last only 10 episodes (the previous seasons were at least 12 each).

The press release makes it sound like it’s pretty much Phil Ford’s show now – almost no mention of RTD.

Steve WSteve W
    Participant

I was reading my previous responses, and now I can’t remember a damn thing about the episodes I was referring to. The show was so bland, given a bit of time passing and my brain pretty much refuses to recall anything other than three or four single images from it.

Looks like three seasons may be all WvsA gets. [LINK]

…despite Davies’s bold assertion that the show “could run for ten years” it looks as if the curtain has fallen on WIZARDS VS ALIENS – at least for the foreseeable future. Speaking to Broadcast in the run-up to the debut of his hotly-anticipated new adult dramas CUCUMBER (Channel 4) and BANANA (E4), Davies revealed that whilst the show hasn’t been formally axed it’s been placed “on hiatus” as the funds are apparently not currently available to produce further episodes. The series opened its account in 2012 with nearly 600,000 viewers and the show regularly featured at the upper end of the CBBC Top Ten. The recent third series saw its ratings to drop to around 225,000 (the decline reflecting a similar trend towards lower viewing figures for primetime adult television in the UK) with several episodes falling outside the CCBC Top Ten.

Kind of a shame. I just like SF a la RTD, and this takes the last such show off the air.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.