Recommended emulations – 2017 edition

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Phosphor Dot Fossils Console Gaming Recommended emulations – 2017 edition

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Steve W Steve W 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ZLoth
    ZLoth

I came across this video on YouTube from Simply Austin. Here is Part One. Thoughts?

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

I generally dismiss anybody who says NES as “ness” or even worse, Super Nintendo as “snezz”. It makes me cringe to hear it.

Mednafen is an emulation core in OpenEmu on the Mac, and it really is a Swiss Army Knife of emulation. Although Saturn emulation is pretty iffy. Although I think OpenEmu might be using a different core for Saturn.

I like having OpenEmu since it’s well thought out and makes it easy to see what games you’ve got and switch between systems. I miss the ease of configuration for controller when trying other emulators – I bought a USB based GameCube controller to use with the latest version of Dolphin, but the configuration set-up only works maybe 10% of the time and no matter what you set the controller to do, the games won’t register anything when you try to play them. So it’s all kind of pointless. I was really hoping to get back into Phantasy Star Online for the GC, but the emulator refuses to let me set up a controller.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed