R.I.P. Roy Dotrice

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    EarlEarl
    Keymaster

Oh man. I liked this guy virtually every time I saw him guest starring in something. [LINK]

Roy Dotrice, best known for playing Leopold Mozart in the Oscar-winning film Amadeus, has died aged 94.

Dotrice was an award-winning actor, taking home the Tony award for best actor in 2000 for his performance in the A Moon for the Misbegotten revival.

The actor first came to the public’s attention playing a leading character in the BBC’s 1971 adaptation of A.P. Herbert’s Misleading Cases. A few years later, Dotrice played Charles Dickens in the miniseries Dickens of London.

Dotrice also played various sci-fi roles, appearing in Space: 1999 and the Buffy the Vampire spin-off Angel.

Game of Thrones fans will also recognise Dotrice’s voice, the actor having recorded audiobooks for each of George R. R. Martin A Song of Ice and Fire novels.

ZLothZLoth

Babylon 5 (TV Series) – Frederick Lantz
    Earth 2 (TV Series) – The Elder
    Beauty and the Beast (TV Series) – Jacob ‘Father’ Wells
    The A-Team (TV Series) – Charles Jourdan
    Magnum, P.I. (TV Series) – Harcourt
    Space: 1999 (TV Series) – Commissioner Simmonds

But no Doctor Who.

“All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can’t get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.” —IBM Manual, 1925

EarlEarl
    Keymaster

He should’ve been in Doctor Who, except that I suppose he moved to the States for steadier work at some point between Space: 1999 and Magnum. Just a fantastic voice. The B5 episode he was in, he deserves some praise for that – all kind and grandfatherly until he reveals that he’s an outright bastard working for the “new regime” that has come into power on Earth.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.