R.I.P. Roy Dotrice

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Earl Earl 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

Oh man. I liked this guy virtually every time I saw him guest starring in something. [LINK]

Roy Dotrice, best known for playing Leopold Mozart in the Oscar-winning film Amadeus, has died aged 94.

Dotrice was an award-winning actor, taking home the Tony award for best actor in 2000 for his performance in the A Moon for the Misbegotten revival.

The actor first came to the public’s attention playing a leading character in the BBC’s 1971 adaptation of A.P. Herbert’s Misleading Cases. A few years later, Dotrice played Charles Dickens in the miniseries Dickens of London.

Dotrice also played various sci-fi roles, appearing in Space: 1999 and the Buffy the Vampire spin-off Angel.

Game of Thrones fans will also recognise Dotrice’s voice, the actor having recorded audiobooks for each of George R. R. Martin A Song of Ice and Fire novels.

ZLoth
    ZLoth

Babylon 5 (TV Series) – Frederick Lantz
    Earth 2 (TV Series) – The Elder
    Beauty and the Beast (TV Series) – Jacob ‘Father’ Wells
    The A-Team (TV Series) – Charles Jourdan
    Magnum, P.I. (TV Series) – Harcourt
    Space: 1999 (TV Series) – Commissioner Simmonds

But no Doctor Who.

“We’ve never lost an American in space, we’re sure as hell not gonna lose one on my watch! Failure is not an option.” – Gene Kranz

Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

He should’ve been in Doctor Who, except that I suppose he moved to the States for steadier work at some point between Space: 1999 and Magnum. Just a fantastic voice. The B5 episode he was in, he deserves some praise for that – all kind and grandfatherly until he reveals that he’s an outright bastard working for the “new regime” that has come into power on Earth.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed