R.I.P. R.A. Montgomery (Choose Your Own Adventure author)

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Media Books R.I.P. R.A. Montgomery (Choose Your Own Adventure author)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Steve W Steve W 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

These were great – like D&D for lonely fat kids. [LINK]

The beloved children’s author behind the popular Choose Your Own Adventure book series has died at the age of 78. R.A. Montgomery passed away last Sunday at his home in Vermont. His family has not revealed the cause of death.

The prolific writer created the first role-playing novel, Journey Under the Sea, in 1977, as part of his then-titled The Adventures of You series. The collection was later renamed Choose Your Own Adventure after its acquisition by publishing bosses at Bantam Books.

Montgomery went on to pen over 200 titles in the series, which has been translated into 40 different languages and sold more than 250 million copies around the world, making it one of the bestselling children’s book collections in the world.

Dunno about you fellas, but I had quite a few of these. Lovely, imaginative stuff.

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

@earl wrote:

His family has not revealed the cause of death.

Well, if he went into door one, he fell into a pit and died. If he went into door two, he was bitten by vipers and died. If he went into door four, he would have been crushed by spiked walls closing in on him and died. He must have not gone through door three.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed