R.I.P. Project vocalist Chris Rainbow

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Media Music Mr. Time R.I.P. Project vocalist Chris Rainbow

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Earl's previous regeneration Earl’s previous regeneration 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

From the official APP Facebook page:

Very sad news – APP singer Chris Rainbow passed away yesterday. He made a huge contribution to the Alan Parsons Project with lead vocals on songs such as ‘The Turn of a Friendly Card’, ’Since the Last Goodbye’, ‘Gemini’, ‘Snake Eyes’ and ‘Beaujolais’. He also contributed incredible backing vocals in his inimitable one-man Beach Boys style, which was a major feature of the APP sound.

In fact, at least two of the remastered albums featured bonus tracks devoted entirely to the multi-tracked Rainbow wall of sound, sans all other instruments or vocals. The guy’s vocal range was impressive to say the least. He practically sang every non-instrument part in “Gemini” by himself. He was 68 years old and ran his own studio, and most recently I think was producing some local (i.e. Scottish) groups.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed