R.I.P. John Vulich (Babylon 5/X-Files/Buffy makeup artist)

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Science Fiction Sci-Fi On The Screen R.I.P. John Vulich (Babylon 5/X-Files/Buffy makeup artist)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    EarlEarl
    Keymaster

This one’s a bit under-the-radar for most folks, but worthy of note here. [LINK]

Makeup FX artist John Vulich has passed away at 55. No reason for his death has been released.

Vulich was an integral part of the horror community. His work was a part of films and TV shows such as “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”, “The X-Files”, Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter, The Phantom of the Opera (1989), Day of the Dead (he helped with “Bub”), Troll, Dolls, The Lost Boys, Fright Night Part 2, and much, much more. As you can see, he was prolific and his work was a part of genre fare that is extremely important to a great many of us.

John was part of the team at Optic Nerve that refined the various B5 character prosthetic makeups for the series run, changing things slightly from the pilot (i.e. G’Kar had to lose the chin that could’ve conceivably been used as a deadly weapon). He also worked on Buffy, Angel, and Star Trek Phase II.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.