R.I.P. Jared Martin

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Earl Earl 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

The Hollywood Reporter may remember him for a recurring role on Dallas…I remember him from The Fantastic Journey and War Of The Worlds: The Series. [LINK]

Born in Manhattan on Dec. 21, 1941, Jared Christopher Martin was the son of famed New Yorker artist and illustrator Charles E. Martin. He attended The Putney School in Vermont and Columbia, then followed De Palma to Hollywood.

The blue-eyed Martin also appeared in such movies as Westworld (1973), The Second Coming of Suzanne (1974) and Pia Zadora’s The Lonely Lady (1983) and on TV’s The Partridge Family, Dan August, Night Gallery, The Rookies, The Waltons, How the West Was Won, The Incredible Hulk, Scarecrow and Mrs. King, The Love Boat, Hunter and L.A. Law.

Martin’s career also included starring roles on two sci-fi TV series: 1977’s The Fantastic Journey at NBC and a 1988-90 adaptation of War of the Worlds, which aired in syndication.

Fantastic Journey

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

I’m always surprised when he shows up in a show, it always takes me a second to remember “he was the lead character in War of the Worlds”. He seemed pretty prolific in the ’70s and ’80s.

Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

Yeah, I had completely forgotten he was in Westworld.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed