R.I.P. Bruce "Lt. Kevin Riley" Hyde

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Science Fiction Star Trek 22nd / 23rd Century R.I.P. Bruce "Lt. Kevin Riley" Hyde

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by ubikuberalles ubikuberalles 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Guess he drank the poisoned milk in engineering. [LINK]

Bruce Hyde, an actor and former St. Cloud State University professor, died Tuesday after a battle with throat cancer, according to information released by St. Cloud State. He was 74.

Although his acting career included turns on Broadway and TV shows such as “That Girl,” Hyde will forever be remembered and beloved by Trekkies for his role in the original “Star Trek” series.

He spent his last days at Quiet Oaks Hospice House, holding court and teasingly correcting the staffers’ grammar using his white board because he couldn’t talk, said his wife of 20 years, Susan Saetre. She said Hyde’s last year was awesome and included a retirement party he jokingly called “a living wake,” as well as time with loved ones.

He made a hell of an impact in just two guest shots. Lt. Kevin Riley was among the best of the appears-more-than-once Enterprise crew, and with one very funny episode and one very dramatic episode, he was one of the best actors in that category too.

Let’s hear it for Bruce Hyde… ONE! MORE! TIME!

ubikuberalles
    ubikuberalles

Too bad he was in only two episodes. He would have made a fine addition to the regular cast. However, he had a fine post-star trek career so no regrets on his part, I’m sure. Adios Kevin…er..Bruce.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed