Quest Diagnostics data breach exposes 12,000,000 customers' data

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Sci Minus Fi Tech Quest Diagnostics data breach exposes 12,000,000 customers' data

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Earl 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

This will probably include me, since I had several rounds of blood work done through them a few years ago during the year of a thousand short-term contract jobs and a thousand-and-one drug screenings. [LINK]

The personal data of nearly 12 million Quest Diagnostics patients may have been exposed due to a data breach, the company announced Monday.

According to Quest, the American Medical Collection Agency, a billing collections provider, was targeted in the data breach. Information that may have been exposed included “certain financial data, Social Security numbers, and medical information” of 11.9 million Quest patients.

Quest is one the largest blood testing providers in the country. Laboratory test results were not exposed, Quest said.

Anyone who thinks they can open a line of credit with it can have my social (spoiler warning: after the past few years, with a foreclosure as the cherry on the icing… you won’t be able to open a line of credit with it). But this is bad news for a lot of other people.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.