Q: What’s the holdup? A: What the holdup is

Hailing frequencies open… Forums theLogBook.com Podcasts Q: What’s the holdup? A: What the holdup is

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Earl's previous regeneration Earl’s previous regeneration 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

What the holdup is… is as follows.

The music podcasts, which I’ve normally tried to deliver right at the end of the year, are running late for the second year in a row. There’s been precious little time to sit and assemble them, and whenever I’ve started to try to work on it, I’ve cringed at the sound quality – I really want to re-record them with the hands-free headset I bought a few weeks after I got the recorder itself.

I’ve got outlines for several other podcasts lined up, but two problems have again cropped up:

1. Time.

2. Some of it might be better off in written form than spoken.

3. Time.

See how short I am on time? I didn’t even have time to count all the way up to 3.

I feel like a dip for having finally gotten the right gear to do this, and here we are rushing toward the end of the first quarter of 2011 and I’m still not doing it on a regular basis if at all, but that’s the halftime score.

Topics I have outlined already:

Video editing & production – my own history with it, and how much it’s changed in the past 25 years.

BBS stories – does what it says on the box.

Influences – the people (and their creations) who made me want to do what I do at an early age.

It’s just a matter of having (child-free) time to record them and post-produce them properly. I love the little guy, but anything I’m doing – typing on the computer, taking pictures of action figures, going to the loo – he has to be a part of. I’m not sure that a podcast resulting from that setup is anything anyone would want to hear.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed