Pole Position repositioned

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Phosphor Dot Fossils Arcade Gaming Pole Position repositioned

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by ZLoth ZLoth 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

An interesting approach to kind of gently modernizing a classic arcade game. [LINK]

PPEngine isn’t just a 3D remake of the 1982 arcade game Pole Position, but a complete reverse-engineering of the original game’s code. The result is something truly uncanny, following all the plays, beats and moves of the classic but rendering it with modern high-definition lowpoly graphics.

You can get it on GitHub here: [LINK]

I think my favorite thing may be that the angle of the shadow cast by the cars changes with respect to the angle of the sun. (The original game didn’t bother with casting shadows on the ground.)

ZLoth
    ZLoth

There were two things that I liked in Pole Position 2 over Pole Position…. first, there were four tracks, and second, when you crashed, parts were flying all over.

“You can not operate in this room unless you believe that you are Superman, and whatever happens, you’re capable of solving the problem.” – Gene Kranz

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.