People are ready to abandon their TV sets in record numbers

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Media The Biz People are ready to abandon their TV sets in record numbers

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Steve W Steve W 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ZLoth
    ZLoth

From CNBC:

People are ready to abandon their TV sets in record numbers, study suggests

Two new surveys published Monday spell out the dramatically changing habits of TV watchers, highlighting the challenges faced by traditional broadcasters.

A new Accenture report shows a dramatic drop in the percentage of people who prefer to watch TV on a regular television set.

FULL ARTICLE HERE

“We’ve never lost an American in space, we’re sure as hell not gonna lose one on my watch! Failure is not an option.” – Gene Kranz

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

It doesn’t surprise me at all. In this day and age with the technology we have at our beck and call, why would you need to be home in a certain time frame to watch a program? We’ve gotten used to not having to sit next to a house phone waiting for a phone call, we can take a call practically any place on Earth. Why can’t it be just as easy with other forms of media? No matter how hard the networks struggle to keep it from happening, the old television standard way of viewing content is going away, upgraded for our convenience. All the networks have had years and years to embrace this inevitability, and instead they choose to ignore it. They could have gone digital and started streaming years ago. I think the only network that’s trying it at this point is CBS with their streaming service, and not even a new Star Trek series can get people onboard at this late date.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed