OVGE 2014 – August 9, Broken Arrow, OK

Hailing frequencies open… Forums theLogBook.com Road Trip! OVGE 2014 – August 9, Broken Arrow, OK

This topic contains 16 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by ubikuberalles ubikuberalles 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

The Tulsa Voice interviews Jesse, who admits that OVGE needs a new venue next year, and raves about That Guy With The Altairs. [LINK]

Hardesty recently organized the eleventh edition of the Oklahoma Video Game Expo, which he started in 2003. Attendees and contributors often bring in their own rare systems to be set up for all to play.

“The OVGE, I’ve always thought of as a living, breathing, video game history museum,” Hardesty says. “One year, I had a guy bring not one, but two Altairs and they were both set up to play Star Trek.” You’ll have to hit up Wikipedia to find out why that is amazing (It is.)

The last OVGE took place at P.J. Gamers in August, but the air conditioner couldn’t keep up with the 40-odd arcade cabinets in use, so Hardesty has yet to begin preparations for the next OVGE.

“I know I should,” he says. “The Superbit Con guys are already taking registrations for 2015. But the fact of the matter is, I’m going to have to find another venue.”

If only That Guy With The Altairs was on hand to comment. 😉

ubikuberalles
    ubikuberalles

Wow. I’m a little impressed. Of course, I didn’t bring the Altairs on just one year but TWO years (2006 and 2013). Only one was set up for Star Trek but I’m nitpicking. It’s nice to be appreciated!

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed