Open source Mario Kart clone SuperTuxKart 1.2 is FREE

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Phosphor Dot Fossils Computer Gaming Open source Mario Kart clone SuperTuxKart 1.2 is FREE

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ZLothZLoth

From Betanews:

Open source Mario Kart clone SuperTuxKart 1.2 is FREE on Windows, Mac, and Linux

Some people think you need expensive hardware to have fun playing video games, but the truth is, you don’t. Believe it or not, there are plenty of free games that can run well on a fairly meager PC. No, I am not just talking about emulating classic video games (piracy is bad, mmkay). Actually, there are some really fun PC games that you can legally download at no charge.

One such popular game is SuperTuxKart. This open source Mario Kart clone is totally FREE on Windows, Mac, and Linux. It can even be had on Android too. Rather than use Nintendo mascots, the racers in SuperTuxKart are based on open source projects — it is quite cute. The game even has network support these days, so you can have a multiplayer experience over the internet. SuperTuxKart recently reached version 1.2, and the new version is chock full of improvements. The developers are also sharing their plans for the future of the game.

FULL ARTICLE HERE

I downloaded it and played it for a little bit yesterday. It’s pretty good, but I’m not into racing games.

“All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can’t get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.” —IBM Manual, 1925

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.