One Second After

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Media Books One Second After

This topic contains 17 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by ZLoth ZLoth 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Just an FYI: early model Atari 8-bit computers were so heavy because – you got it – they’re Faraday Cages inside the plastic casing. Stock up on Atari 400 and 800 gear and you’re set! WOLVERINES! Wait, what?

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

I went shopping at a new supermarket in Fort Worth tonight, and I came across this: an Emergency Food Supply for disasters, it comes in a big plastic reusable bucket and has three days worth of food for four people inside. And according to the label, it’ll last 20 years (I’m guessing that’s under ideal storage conditions, in the trunk of a car in summer and winter they might not last as long). We don’t have a whole lot of call for this kind of thing around here, except as hunting supplies or something, I can see this doing better in California in earthquake territory or in hurricane-prone areas like Florida and other Gulf Coast states.

ZLoth
    ZLoth

As it turns out…. this book turned into a trilogy, with One Year After being released September, 2015, and The Final Day being released January, 2017. I’m starting to listen to book two now.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed