Lynne: new album "in October or something"?

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Media Music Mr. Blue Sky Lynne: new album "in October or something"?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Earl Earl 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

This is intriguing and yet maddeningly vague. [LINK]

Lynne explained to me before the event, that, in and of itself, is magic.

“Obviously songwriting is like you can either work for days or months on it and you still can’t get it right. Or one will come straight to your head and it’s finished in about 10 minutes,” he said. “So songwriting is so elusive and if you get it right it’s such a thrill to get an award for it. And this is an award for all of my songs, from day one really.”

Thinking about one song that really excited him, where he felt that thunderbolt, he said, “The last album, there was a song called “‘When I Was a Boy’ and that’s one of my most favorite moments.”

Then adding, in a win for all music fans, “I’ve got a brand new album nearly ready to come out in October or something.”

October. Or something. Maybe “October Or Something” should be the name of the album. What’s also vague is…is this an ELO album or Long Wave II? (Or Armchair Theatre II?) Can he top the outstanding Alan Parsons album we got this year?

Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

One of the ELO news sites has gone all Inspector Gadget on the ASCAP song database and has come up with an (unordered) track list consisting of the following titles: “Time Of Our Life”, “All My Love”, “From Out Of Nowhere”, “Losing You”, “Down Came The Rain”, “Goin’ Out On Me”, “All I Need Is You”, “Wifi Woman”, “She’s Gone”, and “One More Time”, and the same source claims a November release date with the album to be titled either “From Out Of Nowhere” or “On The Horizon”…though there’s no source for that info.

My caveat on the above info: some of the song titles are awfully close to titles from “Alone In The Universe”, and I really question why an album would be released in November when the tour starts next month. Not saying that I expect the album next month, but even taking into account the weirdness of the current music industry where albums and indeed any new material are just loss leaders while the real money is made on tour, why do things in that order?

If reports surface from concertgoers that new songs are in the mix on the setlists, then I’ll start getting excited.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.