Need a little Liberator in your life?

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Science Fiction British / Australian SF Need a little Liberator in your life?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Steve W Steve W 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

If you need a little Liberator in your life, and don’t want to track down one of the Corgi vehicles, Shapeways has you covered. $12 gets you two inches of Liberator (maybe there’s a better way to phrase that), but you have to do your own paint job.

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

Are you buying the actual plastic model, or are you buying the 3D printable blueprints? Either way, I don’t care for the sticks coming from the weapon pods (although I can’t imagine a small 3D printer being able to do tiny antennae like on the original model).

Looking over that site, there’s all sorts of kind of familiar (but not enough to bring the copyright police down on them) starships, including a lot of Babylon 5. And, oddly, the creature from the MST3K movie It Conquered The World. You know, it’s really an amazing time for tabletop gamers right now, with miniatures you can print out yourself from pretty much any sci-fi movie or show available. Too bad that’s never been interesting to me.

What’s really fun is looking up 1/18 scale stuff on there – that’s basically the scale of Star Wars figures. So now Luke can have a shovel, binoculars, grenades, a cell phone, a mallard duck, a tire storage rack, a flying ace guitar, some barely-tasteful nudes and lots of exotic laser guns. 😆

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

Are there groups online who are creating their own tabletop games? Like people in a forum who exchange ideas and build up concepts and rules for their own game, and then they can 3D print out all the parts and accessories they need to play it. That would be interesting.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed