Namco arcade cabinets for your six-inch action figures

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Phosphor Dot Fossils Collectibles Namco arcade cabinets for your six-inch action figures

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Gapporin 1 year ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Be still my heart. The TARDIS needs a Pac-Man machine. [LINK]

In the modern era of gaming, arcades are largely a relic of the past. Sure, there’s Dave and Busters, there are classic gaming expos, and occasionally well-stocked bars contain the classic games that repeatedly demand your quarters. But it just isn’t the same. However, fans of Namco‘s most famous games will soon have a chance to buy miniature recreations of the arcade cabinets that once dominated the gaming landscape.

FREEing has released photos and details for its upcoming 1/12 Scale Namco Arcade Machine Collection. The five miniature recreations will include Pac-Man, Galaga, Galaxian, Rally-X, and Tank Battalion. Surprisingly, Ms. Pac-Man‘s famous arcade cabinet didn’t make the cut this time, but perhaps FREEing will eventually get around to doing another Namco set.

Nerdist evidently doesn’t realize that Ms. Pac-Man wasn’t originated in Japan, therefore Namco all but disowns it.

The one thing really holding me back (outside of the usual lack of money) is that these are the Japanese cabinets, not the ones I remember growing up with. I’d love to see the Midway Pac-Man and Galaga cabinets. Galaxian and Rally-X are the two here that most closely resemble their US counterparts. I’d love to see Tron and Star Wars and Asteroids. (Who wouldn’t love to have their Star Wars Black Series figures playing a Star Wars machine in scale? And hey, what about the Starfighter cabinet from The Last Starfighter?) But if you are so inclined to jump at the current offerings, they can be ordered here.

Gapporin
    Participant

@earl wrote:

I’d love to see the Midway Pac-Man and Galaga cabinets.

Hallmark put out a series of Christmas ornaments based on arcade games. The first two years they released Pac-Man and Galaga…and then they stopped. However, they are the same size as these and play music and sound effects from the game.

Here’s an article with pictures written by someone familiar…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed