MST3K Retro Sign!!!!

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 47 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by ZLoth ZLoth 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    ubikuberalles
    ubikuberalles

BTW, last year I did get all the swag that was due me from the kickstarter: T-shirt, mug, Tom Serv-Cro Pop figure, and the DVDs. Much of it was packed away for the move to my new house but I do wear the T shirt as often as I can (and get lots of comments from people who didn’t know the show was revived).

In the end, however, I was a tiny bit disappointed…or maybe miffed. HArd to say. Why? Because whatever exclusivity we kickstarters got on the episodes that we were able to download before they appeared on NetFlix were short-lived. They released the episodes very VERY soon after giving us backers the goods. I blame the kickstarters on this, however. Joel released some other exclusive videos a while back (lost episodes among other things) and several backers posted them on the interwebs very quickly. Joel was unhappy about this and scaled back what he was planning to post for us.

For me the exclusivity was non-existent since I was busy doing work things and new-house things on the day the videos were released. Thus, I really didn’t get the chance to see the shows until after they came out on NetFlix. Even then I only watched about half of the shows so far.It just wasn’t magic to me anymore. That feeling has faded somewhat since then and I’ve started watching the rest of the shows. Strange, though, that my interest is higher for those bootlegs of the first 3 seasons of the original (including season 0 of them in Minneapolis) MST3K than the new stuff. Thrill of the hunt? Maybe, I guess.

Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

MST3K will return on…Turkey Day. [LINK]

The A.V. Club is the first to report that new episodes of MST3K will arrive on Netflix this Thanksgiving—Thursday, November 22—marking the show’s third decade of riffing.

“I think the movies are even worse than last season, but I know the show is better,” Hodgson said. “I could be mixing those two up.” Day straightened things out: “The movies are deliciously bad and I get to torture my cast mates in new and innovative ways. I love my job!”

Added Ray, “When is the quote for The A.V. Club announcement of the new MST3K season due?”

OK, so double checking: Doctor Who, Short Treks, Star Wars: Resistance, and now MST3K? My dance card is full for stuff to watch the rest of this year.

ZLoth
    ZLoth

The movies are:

But, no Sharknado….

“You can not operate in this room unless you believe that you are Superman, and whatever happens, you’re capable of solving the problem.” – Gene Kranz

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.