Most Disney+ Subscribers Say They Plan to Cancel Cable TV, Netflix…

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Media The Biz Most Disney+ Subscribers Say They Plan to Cancel Cable TV, Netflix…

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Earl Earl 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ZLoth
    ZLoth

From Cord Cutter News:

Most Disney+ Subscribers Say They Plan to Cancel Cable TV, AT&T TV Now, PlayStation Vue, Netflix, Etc

This week, UBS released a new study looking at Americans who plan to get Disney+. According to the survey, 57% of all Americans who plan to get Disney+ also plan to cancel some other service. The service that is most likely to get canceled is a live TV service like cable TV, AT&T TV NOW, PlayStation Vue, or Sling TV.

FULL ARTICLE HERE

“You can not operate in this room unless you believe that you are Superman, and whatever happens, you’re capable of solving the problem.” – Gene Kranz

Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

I think I detect the influence of CBS All Access here:

Disney+ is hoping to push back against being dropped by releasing shows weekly instead of all at once. This way subscribers can’t subscribe for a single month and binge watch a show as soon as it comes out.

I really do think this is a much smarter strategy than the “season dump” that Netflix introduced to the streaming landscape.

ZLoth
    ZLoth

It also keeps the series buzz-worthy by having it occur over several weeks.

“You can not operate in this room unless you believe that you are Superman, and whatever happens, you’re capable of solving the problem.” – Gene Kranz

Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

I know when Star Trek: Discovery started, there were quite a few “why don’t they dump the whole season?” voices in the crowd, to whom my reply was, “Can you imagine if they had dumped the entire third season of Babylon 5 in one day?” Or Lost, for that matter, since quite a few younger folk would quizzically ask “What is this…Babylon 5?” You generate buzz by giving people something to talk about until the next week.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.