Local man cultivates community at vintage video game arcade Free Play Richardson

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Phosphor Dot Fossils Arcade Gaming Local man cultivates community at vintage video game arcade Free Play Richardson

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by ZLoth 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ZLoth
    ZLoth

From Community Impact Newspaper:

Local man cultivates community at vintage video game arcade Free Play Richardson

Corey Hyden spent his teen years as a semiprofessional video gamer, but as an adult, he wanted to find a less time-consuming way to enjoy his hobby.

“I needed a game that I could pick up, play for a few minutes and just be done with it,” Hyden said.
    Inspired by the memory of going to the arcade as a child, Hyden bought his first vintage game. Eventually, with more than 100 machines stored in a warehouse, he decided to open an arcade in his native Richardson.

“I’ve been able to kind of time travel by buying all these really obscure games,” Hyden said.

FULL ARTICLE HERE

“You can not operate in this room unless you believe that you are Superman, and whatever happens, you’re capable of solving the problem.” – Gene Kranz

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.