Live from Babylon 5, this is…

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Science Fiction Sci-Fi On The Screen Live from Babylon 5, this is…

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Earl's previous regeneration Earl’s previous regeneration 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

a special report, seen in its entirety for the first time since it was made in 1993!

This was the cheaply-made, shot-in-one-day “news report” seen on the background of the Lyta/G’Kar proposition scene (in which G’Kar tries to “procure” Lyta’s telepath DNA by offering to mate with her – you know, for the good of the Narn).

Needless to say, had this been any more visible on those screens, there would’ve been a real intergalactic war across Hollywood. 😆 This is the only Babylon 5-related location filming ever to take place at Vasquez Rocks.

One animated element has been replaced because the editor of the original video lost some of the video elements in the “crashed ship” shot, though it’s just possible that the replacement element is even more appropriate. 😛

Enjoy!

ZLoth
    ZLoth

Uh….. was there ANY location shooting done on Babylon 5?

“You can not operate in this room unless you believe that you are Superman, and whatever happens, you’re capable of solving the problem.” – Gene Kranz

No, I don’t think there was, come to think of it. Makes you wonder why they didn’t just do this whole thing in front of a blue screen, considering that you’d barely see it?

ubikuberalles
    ubikuberalles

Heh. Wilhelm scream. Also TNG ship crashing. Love it.

I knew the Star Fleet guy was going to get it in the end: he was wearing a red shirt.

Good stuff.

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

What I want to know is why the crashed Federation ship is the NX-01 rather than the Enterprise-D. Since Enterprise aired well after the premiere of Babylon 5, it makes me wonder why this was altered in the interim.

I think he lost the digital video clip that was originally there, and so made a new one with a still shot of Vasquez Rocks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.