It’s Amazing How Badly Fox Screwed Up Joss Whedon’s Firefly

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Science Fiction Sci-Fi On The Screen It’s Amazing How Badly Fox Screwed Up Joss Whedon’s Firefly

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by ZLoth 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ZLoth
    ZLoth

From Business Insider:

It’s Amazing How Badly Fox Screwed Up Joss Whedon’s ‘Firefly’

The cancelation of “Firefly” after only one season in 2002 has been held up as one of the greatest tragedies in science-fiction TV. A compelling account and new insight on what went wrong appears in the recently published “Joss Whedon: The Biography” by Amy Pascale.

“I’ve never seen him so mad,” actor Adam Baldwin told Pascale about when Whedon showed up on set to announce the cancelation. “He looked at me and said ‘I don’t have good news. They pulled the plug and this is the last episode. And I want you all to know immediately.'”

Whedon, who earned a cult following with “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” and later went mainstream by writing and directing megahit “The Avengers,” conceived of “Firefly” as show about a ragtag group living on the frontier of a space-age civilization, a sci-fi ensemble show with a Western feel and “a gritty realism that wasn’t an ‘Alien’ ripoff.”

FULL ARTICLE HERE

“You can not operate in this room unless you believe that you are Superman, and whatever happens, you’re capable of solving the problem.” – Gene Kranz

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.