Insert Coin, the arcade documentary worth feeding all your quarters into

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Phosphor Dot Fossils Arcade Gaming Insert Coin, the arcade documentary worth feeding all your quarters into

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ZLothZLoth

From Ars Technica:

Insert Coin, the arcade documentary worth feeding all your quarters into
    Midway created icons from Mortal Kombat to NBA Jam; this doc is finally widely available.

You may not know longtime game developer Joshua Tsui, but you know his work. Over two decades-plus in the industry, he founded Studio Gigante (makers of Wrestlemania 21 for the original Xbox) and spent time at industry stalwarts like EA. His credits include beloved franchises from Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater to Fight Night.

Despite building that kind of resume, however, Tsui’s first passion wasn’t the gamepad—he actually went to school to study film. And in the early 2010s, well, “I don’t want to call it a midlife crisis, but I realized after all this time I hadn’t made a film,” he told Ars recently.

FULL ARTICLE HERE

“All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can’t get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.” —IBM Manual, 1925

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.