I, Robot 35th anniversary re-reissue

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Media Music Mr. Time I, Robot 35th anniversary re-reissue

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Earl's previous regeneration Earl’s previous regeneration 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Posted today on book o’ the face:

A 35th anniversary Deluxe edition of the APP album ‘I Robot’ with additional bonus material is due for release Summer 2013.

Okay… so this has more extra stuff than the previous reissue with bonus material?

You know what? I’m looking forward to it, but I’m about ready to call BS on this re-re-re-re-reissuing business.

ZLoth
    ZLoth

Will there be a Kindle edition of this rererererererererereissue?

“We’ve never lost an American in space, we’re sure as hell not gonna lose one on my watch! Failure is not an option.” – Gene Kranz

ubikuberalles
    ubikuberalles

Kindle? No, Earl is talking about the Alan Parsons album not the Isaac Asimov book.

ZLoth
    ZLoth

Uh, OK. Because there is also the Will Smith movie, and I know THAT is not 35 years old.

“We’ve never lost an American in space, we’re sure as hell not gonna lose one on my watch! Failure is not an option.” – Gene Kranz

Actually, upon closer inspection, I am mistaken: the title of the Alan Parsons Project album is “I Robot”, no comma, apparently by agreement with one Mr. Asimov.

ubikuberalles
    ubikuberalles

…who essentially stole the title from the book “I, Cladius” by Robert Graves.

I see!

ubikuberalles
    ubikuberalles

I, see what you did there.

More robot news, including the – gasp! – new cover artwork??!? [LINK]

On September 17, Legacy Recordings will reissue I Robot, giving it two CDs worth of music. The original album will be given a new remastering, with the second disc providing 14 tracks, pieces really, that extend from the formation of the songs found on the album.

The pieces include early rough mixes, demos, and smaller chunks including a radio ad spot for the album. Of the 14 bonus tracks, nine have never been previously made available. The Legacy Edition of I Robot will feature a 20-page booklet with new liner notes from Alan Parsons, photos, memorabilia, and complete album credits. The album will also feature new cover art.

It looks as though the bonus tracks will be similar to the ones from the 2007 remaster -intermediate edits and early attempts at what wound up on the album anyway. I remember the radio spot though – I actually went looking for it recently to see if I could include it in the podcast on the anniversary of the release date, to no avail. I swore I had a copy of it already on hand, or that it’d be easy to find on Youtube. Apparently I was wrong. 🙄

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed