Hyperkin Retron 77 = Atari 2600 in HD

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Phosphor Dot Fossils Console Gaming Hyperkin Retron 77 = Atari 2600 in HD

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Steve W Steve W 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

Because I want my flickering graphics with hi-def clarity!

Retron 77

From Hyperkin’s Facebook page:

The RetroN 77 is an HD retro gaming console that plays all your favorite 2600 games in beautiful 1080p HD. See it at E3 at booth #235 in the South Hall!

I kinda lump this into the same category with the Mini NES classic – I can already do this with my media/emulation PC. However, there is a certain appeal to ceasing to subject my vintage hardware to wear and tear. If there was a Retron Odyssey2 like this, I would be all over that in a heartbeat.

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

Well, this seems a bit unnecessary. If they did like some of their other consoles and had it cover different machines – throw in Colecovision compatibility for example, maybe Odyssey2 (although that might still be copyrighted) or maybe more obscure machines like the Astrocade or Emerson Arcadia 2001, then they might have something. Shoot, throw in Atari 5200 compatibility at least.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed