Holy Crap! La La Land drops half a dozen new soundtracks later this month

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Media Music Soundtracks Holy Crap! La La Land drops half a dozen new soundtracks later this month

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    EarlEarl
    Keymaster

It’s gonna be a very expensive day for someone out there who can afford it.

October 23

• Superman II / Superman III (3 CD set) – music by Ken Thorne
    • Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams (2 CD set) – music by Harry Gregson-Williams, Bear McCreary, Cristopbal Tapia de Veer, Olafur Arnalds, Mark Isham and BT
    • The Flash Season 4 – music by Blake Neely & Nathaniel Blume
    • Supergirl Season 3 – music by Blake Neely & Daniel James Chan
    • Legends Of Tomorrow Season 3 – music by Blake Neely & Daniel James Chan
    • Arrow Season 6 – music by Blake Neely
    • Riverdale Season 2 – music by Blake Neely & Sherri Chung

This kind of cluster-bomb release probably wasn’t intentional – DC has apparently been slow on approving products.

ZLothZLoth

I will admit to picking up the Superman II and III soundtrack.

“All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can’t get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.” —IBM Manual, 1925

EarlEarl
    Keymaster

I’m still trying to get a read, via the Film Score Monthly forums and the product description, on how much of an improvement this is over the box set of all the Christopher Reeve-era Superman film scores that was released by Film Score Monthly about a decade ago. Now, as far as the original Superman (1978) score, they pretty much sold me on that with “there’s a piece of John Williams music that was left out of the movie that no one’s ever heard before”. I guess I’m playing chicken with the demand for a limited edition to see if it goes on sale at some point, especially since II and III weren’t scored by John Williams and are undoubtedly a bit of a hard sell for others, not just myself.

EarlEarl
    Keymaster

Just got this e-mail yesterday from La-La Land:

YO! TREK FANS…! We’re celebrating Star Trek’s #FirstContactDay and maestro Dennis McCarthy’s birthday, with a FLASH SALE! Get DS9 VOL 2, ENTERPRISE VOL 1 & VOL 2 and VOYAGER for only $40 EACH! Special offer good thru 4/7.

That’s a really good deal – the Enterprise and Voyager sets usually go for almost $60 each.

I did notice that while they cited the “volume” numbers on the Enterprise and DS9 sets, the Voyager set is now merely “the Voyager set”. So…I guess we don’t ever get the music from season 1’s “Emanations”? Damn.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.