Hastings Thread v2.0

This topic contains 75 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Earl's previous regeneration Earl’s previous regeneration 1 year ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
  • Author

Hastings is having a one-day-only Leap Year sale – 29% off pretty much everything. The code is LEAPYEAR

Now here’s the trick – if you pick something that’s already discounted (several of the single-pack, non-Doctor classic series figures are down to $9.99 already), the discount code still applies. I was able to pick up a couple of the $9.99 figures for $7.10 each. They still hit you for shipping, but at this point you’ve probably spent less than you would have to burn gas to drive to the store and back and grab a couple of figures – it’s cheaper than buying “non-import” figures. (The “import” status of any toy is a huge pile of invented horsecrap: it’s all imported from freakin’ China.)

Anyway… have fun storming the castle!

Gapporin
    Participant

The Hastings here in town is actually closing down. Right now, everything new is 10% off and everything used is 30% off, but I don’t know if that actually applies to figures or not. They do have a nice looking Doctor Who kiosk filled with goodies, right next to the Blu-Ray section. I suppose I could be the eyes and ears of you guys if you’re trying to find something Who-related, but ACT NOW* because this offer is only good until March 29th.

If you’ve got a contact there… I’ll take the kiosk. Srsly. I’m overdue for some hot kiosk lovin’.

Hastings has just gotten the non-Lego 11 Doctors figure box set back in stock… now at $75…

http://www.gohastings.com/product/TRENDS/Doctor-Who-Eleven-Doctors-Figu/sku/281436585.uts

…which brings the price down to $6.81 per Doctor.

My gut tells me that shipping on that large an item will be a zinger that pushes it back toward $100, but still… not too shabby if you’re trying to collect the whole set, so to speak.

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

I dropped by the Waxahachie location earlier today after a particularly unsuccessful out-of-town flea market hunt. The one thing I noticed that was new this time around was River Song’s “future” sonic screwdriver, which looked kind of cool. I was hoping they’d have the plushie Daleks and TARDIS, but this location didn’t have them.

Haven’t trawled the Doctor Who stuff on the Hastings web site in a while, but here’s what I found:

You can pick up a Sea Devil, a Zygon, or Matt Smith wearing Tennant’s outfit for $4.25.

Peter Davison wearing Tom Baker’s outfit is $5.50.

Poor old Professor Bracewell can be had for $2.98. 😆

Seventh Doctor + TARDIS set is $13.75.

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

I stopped off at the Hastings in Sherman, TX to see what they’d gotten in since the last time I visited. Ooooh, they’ve got bobblehead TARDISes! A perfect combination of the absolutely most worthless collectible on Earth combined with a model that has no head with which to ‘bobble’. Brilliant. They also had a wind-up red Dalek, and the Scientist Dalek (orange) with the Doctor in a Comicon exclusive set. There’s also the Doctor wearing a fez and one with a Stetson, for those out there who thought his figures were sorely lacking in headwear. No Bracewells happily. And a Dalek bank which speaks something or other when you drop a coin inside it’s head.

Considering how many people wanted to buy my TARDIS instead of my book at OVGE, if I’d had a bit more lead time, I should’ve found a way to get 5-6 of those seventh Doctor/TARDIS sets to sell (for more than $13.75 too).

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

I stopped off at a Hastings around Killeen, TX today. I didn’t find much of interest there. But on a pointless hunt for a retro game store in the area that apparently shut down months ago but nobody has updated their website or Bing/Google Maps, I went into Killeen Mall and was blown away to find a Suncoast Video store still in business! They all went away in this area years ago after their parent company went bankrupt. According to the salesgirl, they’re the only one left out of 13 in their division, but there’s still a few holdouts scattered around the country. I ended up buying a blue plushie Dalek. They had red Daleks and plushie TARDISes, but they all looked like they’d had their buttons smashed repeatedly and didn’t look that great.

ubikuberalles
    ubikuberalles

Steve, I’d love to see a picture of that plushie Dalek you got.

FLIBBLE vs. DALEK
    Premiering next year @ OVGE

ubikuberalles
    ubikuberalles

Flibble man, Flibble man,
    Flibble man hates Dalek man.
    They have a fight, Flibble wins.
    Flibble man.

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

Well, I finally put out the effort to get my pictures off my phone. And since I went through the trouble of sorting and adjusting these grainy pictures, I’ve decided to post a few relevant pics that have been building up in my phone’s memory.

First off, the plush Dalek.

Here’s pictures of Earl with Flibble at OVGE.

Here’s a picture of a restaurant that sadly is closed… Gentlemen, I give you the Starship Pegasus. It’s in Italy, TX on the east side of Interstate 35 East. If you look on Google Maps for pics, there are far better ones than mine.

If ever there was a building made to be theLogBook.com’s World Domination Headquarters, this is it.

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

I just wish I had found out about the place while it was still open. Let’s face it, most restaurants get their food out of cans or the freezer, there’s not a lot of truly from-scratch cooking going on in this day and age. I know the food would be bland generic slop fresh off a Sisco Foods truck, but I’d still like to eat it in that place. Now it looks pretty junky, and there’s a few RV trailers parked behind it.

Incidentally, the Italy, TX area has an overabundance of domed structures. They really, really like their domes. There’s actually a domed village right off the highway, but I didn’t have time to stop and check it out. SyFy needs to use that area as a backdrop for some crappy dystopian movie. Now if they could only dismantle the structures and transport them up to Canada…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed