Harrison Ford injured in plane crash

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Science Fiction Star Wars Harrison Ford injured in plane crash

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Earl's previous regeneration Earl’s previous regeneration 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

I don’t want to come across as an ageist asshole. My dad was active through his 80s. But Harrison… buddy… pal… you are in your 70s. You’re not an action hero anymore. Take it easy before you wind up like John Denver. [LINK]

Harrison Ford reportedly sustained serious injuries after a small plane he was piloting crashed at a golf course in Venice, Calif., on Thursday afternoon.

The single-engine plane crashed on the grounds of the Penmar Golf Course, which is near Santa Monica Airport, L.A. Fire Department spokesman Erik Scott tells E! News. The solo occupant, a male adult, was quickly treated at the scene and transported to a local hospital, where he is in critical condition.

Solo occupant… yeah.

I hope he recovers. Harrison, be Harrison. If your latest attempt to be Han has proven nothing else… it’s that you need to be Harrison, not Han.

Additional info… this is sounding worse and worse. Who cleared Han Solo to follow on Mr. Spock’s flight path? [LINK]

Harrison Ford is in serious condition after crash landing a plane in Venice, Calif. on Thursday, sources confirm.

The 72-year-old crash landed on Penmar Golf Course after something apparently went wrong mechanically with the single-engine plane at around 2:25 p.m. He was transferred to a Los Angeles hospital in serious condition. The actor was the only one aboard the plane and the only person who sustained injuries.

Ford reportedly walked away from the crash, and was later attended to by two physicians who were on the scene.

I’m a bit confused about the gap between “walked away from the crash” and “critical injuries”, but crashing in a plane that small is like crashing a motorcycle: there’s not enough vehicle around pilot/passengers to absorb all of the damage. A good deal of the impact will be transferred to the occupant(s).

Update – probably not as bad as initially made out. [LINK]

Harrison Ford is “battered but OK” according to his son Ben. The younger Ford just sent out a tweet from the hospital with the Star Wars star. The Force is strong with this one. At the hospital. Dad is ok. Battered, but ok! He is every bit the man you would think he is. He is an incredibly strong man. — Chef Ben Ford (@ChefBenFord)

Glad to see that initial reports were, perhaps, exaggerated.

ubikuberalles
    ubikuberalles

I guess flying a vintage WWII trainer isn’t like dusting crops…boy.

By the way, if you’re going to crash a plane, crash it in a golf course where there are plenty of Doctors there golfing and ready to give you medical treatment.

@ubikuberalles wrote:

plenty of Doctors

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

Harrison’s 72 years old, and known for being a long time stoner. It makes me wonder if they’ll perform a blood test looking for illicit substances.

Maybe I’m out of the loop, but this is honestly the first time I’ve ever heard of him being a stoner.

Are you saying there’s more than just underbrush growing near the Ewok village on the third moon of Endor? 😆

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

Comedian Greg Proops was on a podcast called I Was There Too talking about working on The Phantom Menace (the relevant stuff starts at 18:05). While he was in the back seat smoking away, the limo driver told him about being Harrison Ford’s personal driver during Indiana Jones 3, and him being stoned every drive to set and back. And one day, Harrison ran out of rolling papers, so he cooked his pot in a sauce pan with a lid, brought it into the limo, and would open the lid and inhale the smoke, filling the car with it too.

The last talk show he was on, everybody online pointed out how stoned he clearly was. It’s been the scuttlebutt in Hollywood for decades, apparently.

ZLoth
    ZLoth

Harrison. Dude. Do we need to sit down and have a talk? Can you actually fly that thing without Chewie? [LINK]

Ford, an experienced pilot who collects vintage planes, had been instructed to land on runway 20-L at John Wayne Airport in Orange County, California but mistakenly aimed for a taxiway instead. His plane passed over the top of an American Airlines 737 loaded with 110 passengers and a six-person crew.

The passenger plane, AA flight 1546, managed to depart safely for Dallas just minutes after the incident. Ford, 74, was captured on air traffic control recordings asking, “Was that airliner meant to be underneath me?”

Air traffic controllers then informed Ford that he had landed on a taxiway rather than the runway. Landing on a taxiway is a violation of Federal Aviation Administration safety rules. The FAA told NBC News that controllers gave Ford the proper landing instructions and that he read them back.

The incident has prompted an FAA investigation — which could result in anything from a simple warning letter to a suspension of Ford’s pilot’s license.

Harrison, repeat after me: I am not actually Han Solo. I am not actually Han Solo. I am not actually…

By the way, how did we miss this!?

Harrison Ford is “battered but OK” according to his son Ben.

That’s how you file a safety incident report after stabbing someone with a lightsaber and tossing them into a bottomless reactor!? 😆

ZLoth
    ZLoth

I guess the first two questions in selecting an investigator is….
    1. Do you love Star Wars?
    2. Do you like Harrison Ford?
    3. Do you even know who Harrison Ford is?

If the answer to all three questions are no, that’s the FAA investigator who will investigate. 🙂

I think the best they can hope for is some guy who’s only seen each Star Wars and Indiana Jones movie once, but was kinda interested in that trailer for Mosquito Coast.

ZLoth
    ZLoth

I thought I saw you in that Aliens vs. Cowboys flick that I picked up for five bucks at WalMart.

Blood alcohol checks out…midichlorians aren’t too high…okay, get out of here. [LINK]

The Federal Aviation Administration will not pursue enforcement action against actor Harrison Ford after he mistakenly landed a small plane on a taxiway at a Southern California airport, his attorney said.

The veteran actor on February 13 landed his plane on the taxiway of a Santa Ana airport, flying directly over an American Airlines Boeing 737 commercial jet, federal officials said.

In audio recordings, Ford said he was distracted by two jets.

The agency let Ford, 74, keep his pilot’s certificate and did not place any restrictions, the attorney said in a statement.

All together now: this ain’t like dusting crops, boy.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed