Funko Pop Collector’s Wife Makes Him Sign a Contract Limiting Him to $30 a Week

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Phosphor Dot Fossils Collectibles Funko Pop Collector’s Wife Makes Him Sign a Contract Limiting Him to $30 a Week

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Earl Earl 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ZLoth
    ZLoth

From Geek.com:

Funko Pop Collector’s Wife Makes Him Sign a Contract Limiting Him to $30 a Week

If you had to guess, how many different kinds of Funko Pops do you think there are? Don’t Wikipedia it, just guess. Ready? Over four thousand, across hundreds of different fictional universes from Star Wars to Stranger Things to Marvel comics to WWE wrestlers and on and on. And while some of us have a few on our desks, other people get a little more intense. One guy found his Pop collection threatening his new marriage, so he went to interesting ends to get it under control.

FULL ARTICLE HERE

“You can not operate in this room unless you believe that you are Superman, and whatever happens, you’re capable of solving the problem.” – Gene Kranz

Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

The first step toward addressing a problem is admitting that you have one, I guess…?

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

I don’t get it. They’re so unbearably ugly. They don’t look anything like the people they’re trying to replicate. Stores are usually stuck with loads of them once the hotness of the property they’re based on cools. At the end, the Hastings locations I went to had table-loads of them, essentially the last things in the store other than socks and stuff (yep, one store I went to had clothing. I did buy some socks). A couple of weeks ago I went to a used book, movie, music, and game store in Shreveport called 2nd and Charles, and they had a couple small aisles full of those Funko Pop figs on clearance, aside from their regular price ones. They don’t sell that well, so why are they still a thing? I cannot comprehend it.

ZLoth
    ZLoth

I guess I’m not the only one who is confused about this. At least with my CD/Video collecting, I have an actual physical object that I can play, use, and exchange easily.

Maybe it’s because the FunkoPop have a high profit margin. That’s the best guess I have.

“You can not operate in this room unless you believe that you are Superman, and whatever happens, you’re capable of solving the problem.” – Gene Kranz

Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

I accumulated a few Pops between Halloween and New Year’s as gifts (King Tut and Mr. Freeze from Batman ’66, Servo and Crow from MST3k, VINCENT from The Black Hole, Tron, and…Bob Ross)…and…they’re cute…and I have just enough to line them up on top of my TV…and… I’m done? They’d really have to throw something incredibly irresistible out there, like maybe Old BOB from the Black Hole, for me to spring for one.

* EDIT – okay, I forgot – I have two Porgs (from Last Jedi) that I picked up myself. Guilty as charged. Those, at least, look reasonably like what they’re meant to represent.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.