From The Earth To The Moon (BluRay Release)

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Sci Minus Fi From The Earth To The Moon (BluRay Release)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ZLothZLoth

I finally briefly looked at the BluRay release of From The Earth To The Moon. Yes, yes, I know I got it last year, but things got in the way….

The first thing that should be noted is that this is a recomposed series. The original DVD release in November, 1988 was presented in a 4:3 ratio with stereo sound, plus the series was presented as two episodes back-to-back in the movie format. HBO went back to the film archives, rescanned the prints, cleaned them up, and recomposed the prints for 16:9, so depending on the shot, there may be some minor cropping at the top and bottom. The sound was also recomposed for a “Atmos” setup. As a result, each of the twelve parts is presented individually.

Structurally, it’s still the same series, the same stories, and the same great cinematography. Once you start watching again, the improvements will offset the minor changes.

“All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can’t get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.” —IBM Manual, 1925

EarlEarl
    Keymaster

Some of the CGI looked…a bit fuzzy to me. Like they’d upscaled it from SD…and yet some of it also looks really sharp. Still, it’s nice to have…most of it…in HD.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.