Free They Might Be Giants live album

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Media Music Free They Might Be Giants live album

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Earl's previous regeneration Earl’s previous regeneration 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

TMBG is giving away a live version of their first album, culled from live performances of all the songs during their 2013 tour.

Enjoy!

ubikuberalles
    ubikuberalles

Perhaps you’ll hear my voice (among the crowd) in that album. I went to TWO, I say TWO TMBG Concerts last year.

Sadly none this year since they are not doing any concerts (yet) this year.

If they’re holed up in the studio working on another educational album/DVD along the lines of “Here Comes Science” and “Here Come the 1-2-3s”, I will forgive them for not touring for a year.

ubikuberalles
    ubikuberalles

In the 16 months since the last post on this thread a number of TMBG things have happened. Here’s a few of them:

– The Dial-a-song service is back but updated for the Internet (originally it was a answering machine in Brooklyn throughout the 1990’s). Every week in 2015 they release a new dial-a-song that you can listen to on YouTube, their dial-a-song site and other places, I’m sure. If you want, you can download the songs for a fee ($30 for the year or something like that).
      – 2015 concert dates announced. None in Albuquerque. 🙁
      – In December of 2014 they announced the Instant Fan Club (IFC). For about $90 you join the club and you get some cool benefits:
      – Free CD of their newest Album Glean.
      – Two free tickets to one of their concerts.
      – Free downloads of their dial-a-song songs.
      – Free swag: T-shirt, balsa airplanes, poster and so on.

– 2016 Concert dates just announced a few days ago.

I spent the money and became a member of the IFC. Their CD was nice, the T-shirt was cool but – most important of all – I SAW THEM IN CONCERT! In Dallas back in May.

This morning I purchased tickets for TMBG in Tucson. March 29th. I can’t wait! Concert #5 with They Might be Giants! w00t!

I also noticed that they’ll be playing in Austin two days later so I may consider driving there for concert #6. I’m on the fence on that idea. I’ll let it sit a while.

It just so happens that, at this very moment, TMBG’s “Here Come the 123s” is keeping my otherwise miserable, snotty-nosed 1-year-old very happy. So here’s a question…could, theoretically, the two free tickets be applied to their kid-friendly concerts?

ubikuberalles
    ubikuberalles

Sure, I guess. The hard part is finding a TMBG kids show. If you look at their schedule page you’ll see they don’t have any kids shows.

Actually, they’re lying. Check it out: their Chicago show is an all kids show

The other problem is, will they have an Instant Fan Club for 2016? I hope so (although I already bought my Tucson tickets). If they do, I’ll let you know ASAP. IFC slots are limited and they sold out quickly last year. I expect the same this time.

ubikuberalles
    ubikuberalles

Speaking of kids shows, their latest kids album, “Why?” is coming out in late November. Great gift for the kiddies. My IFC membership won’t help, I’ll have to pay full price like all you all.

For whatever it’s worth, “Phone Power” is the thin line between me and insanity this week.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed