Finding a new arcade home in Utah

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Phosphor Dot Fossils Arcade Gaming Finding a new arcade home in Utah

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Steve W Steve W 12 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

It turns out there are several choices – you’re not just choosing between Arkadia or the pinball place that one of Arkadia’s former techs set up. There are barcades in the SLC area, but I’m specifically narrowing my search to places the kids can go.

I really like the look of Flynn’s [LINK]
    Flynn's Flynn's Flynn's Flynn's Flynn's Flynn's Flynn's Flynn's Flynn's Flynn's Flynn's Flynn's Flynn's

…I can’t tell if these pictures are fooling my spatial intelligence in showing me a place that’s bigger than I think it is, or smaller.

There’s also Game Grid [LINK] and Atomic Arcade [LINK], the latter of which seems to be dispensing with the 1984-inspired “five bucks gets you in to play everything” model in favor of letting quarters do the talking.

Some exploration is warranted.

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

Man, those places look amazing. It’s always great when you see truly old-school arcade cabs in an arcade. Super Bug? I’d love to play that. I don’t think I’ve ever played more than two or three black-and-white raster arcade games from the ’70s. I don’t think I’ve ever tried any Kee Games arcade cabs.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.