Fatherhood, Fandom, and Fading Out

Hailing frequencies open… Forums theLogBook.com Original Books Fatherhood, Fandom, and Fading Out

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  k8track 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Wait, I seriously didn’t have a thread here for this? I could’ve sworn I did. *facepalm* Um…you can get a physical copy or get it on Kindle here.

A book about changing times, changing technology, and changing diapers.

Teenage fandom and creativity led to a life working in the media. And then that took a back seat to growing up and being Dad.

This book collects choice cuts from Earl Green’s long-running blog, Scribblings From The Public Restroom Stalls Of The Gods, and juicy morsels and tidbits from his disturbingly long-running, self-published ‘zine, all contained in one handy volume, waiting…watching…biding its time until it can attack again.

(Wait, this sales pitch needs a rethink. When’s the deadline again? …oh.)

There’s also a blog entry about what comes after this.

k8track
    Participant

Just ordered this book and am thoroughly looking forward to it!

I’m also rabidly awaiting Warp!1. I need a Trek book fix. I finished the three Cushman books and absorbed the Justman/Solow book with great interest, and have just ordered several autobiographies/books by Trek actors. I am confident that Warp!1 will fill that particular bill.

Do any of your books have a foreword by Harlan Ellison?

Sadly no. Maybe I should put that on the cover, though, with part of it in near-microscopic type, like so:

THIS BOOK DOES NOT CONTAIN A FOREWORD BY
    HARLAN ELLISON
    WRITER OF CITY ON THE EDGE OF FOREVER

Man, the publicity the resulting lawsuit would generate would be just about worth the resulting legal fees.

k8track
    Participant

Shouldn’t it be more like…

THIS BOOK DOES NOT CONTAIN A
    FOREWORD BY
    HARLAN ELLISON
    WRITER OF CITY ON THE EDGE OF FOREVER

ubikuberalles
    ubikuberalles

Maybe you could find someone else with the name of Harlan Ellison and get him to write a forward for you. According to this site there are 3 Harlan Ellisons in this country. One of them, presumably, is THE Harlan Ellison.

Gapporin
    Participant

I hear Harlan Coben’s available to write something.

k8track
    Participant

@ubikuberalles wrote:

Maybe you could find someone else with the name of Harlan Ellison and get him to write a forward for you. According to this site there are 3 Harlan Ellisons in this country. One of them, presumably, is THE Harlan Ellison.

Total Sam Malone move, love it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed