Eccleston says he “lost faith and trust and belief” in Who bosses while filming

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Science Fiction Doctor Who Eccleston says he “lost faith and trust and belief” in Who bosses while filming

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Earl Earl 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ZLoth
    ZLoth

From Radio Times:

Christopher Eccleston says he “lost faith and trust and belief” in Doctor Who bosses while filming
    The former Ninth Doctor claims that his relationship with showrunner Russell T Davies “broke down irreparably” during filming for the sci-fi series

After recently claiming he was “blacklisted” by the BBC after leaving Doctor Who, former Ninth Doctor Christopher Eccleston has now revealed more about the tensions he felt on set during filming for the sci-fi series.

“My relationship with my three immediate superiors – the showrunner, the producer and co-producer – broke down irreparably during the first block of filming and it never recovered,” Eccleston says in the latest issue of Radio Times.

FULL ARTICLE HERE

Shrug. Whatever. It’s been over twelve years now. With the associated news, sometimes I wonder if the pain is self-inflicted.

“You can not operate in this room unless you believe that you are Superman, and whatever happens, you’re capable of solving the problem.” – Gene Kranz

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

But I doubt that Who fans have stopped badgering him for information in all this time.

Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

Only because he keeps teasing it out like this. Look…I have great respect for the man’s body of work…but at the end of the day, my gut feeling swings back toward my comments here.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.