Eaglemoss NCC-1031 (U.S.S. Discovery)

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Science Fiction Star Trek Collectibles Eaglemoss NCC-1031 (U.S.S. Discovery)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by ubikuberalles ubikuberalles 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

I’m really starting to dig this shape, even if it looks like a Starfleet ship, DS9’s central hub, and a flatiron had a threesome and this is the resulting child.
    NCC-1031
    Image is zoomable.

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

I was never one of those people who instantly denounced the design and spouted off as often as possible about it online. I do like this new redesign better than the previous one (that they slapped together and rendered in 5 days just to have something to show for their announcement at ComiCon) but I absolutely hate the stupid saucer section with completely unnecessary cut-outs. And I don’t quite get the weird racing stripe design on the “hull”.

All that said, I can happily let all their redesigns of classic elements go – if they tell a good story. That’s all I care about, make a good show with solid writing first and foremost, and everything else can be forgiven.

ubikuberalles
    ubikuberalles

Looks like it was designed to cut giant pizzas. 😀

Seriously, though, that’s what I’m thinking every time I see it. I can’t unsee it. It’s a rotary pizza cutter. At some point near the end of the season the ship is going to encounter a giant pizza and the captain has an epiphany: they were fated to meet. The captain opens sealed secret orders and crew discovers that the saucer section can spin. The ship heads toward the pizza. The saucer section starts to spin. The ship makes contact with the pizza. The credits roll.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by ubikuberalles ubikuberalles.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by ubikuberalles ubikuberalles.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed