Don’t know what it could be used for, but…

Hailing frequencies open… Forums theLogBook.com The Site Don’t know what it could be used for, but…

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Earl's previous regeneration Earl’s previous regeneration 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Insomnia made me do this. The whole point was to make it as terrible and as cheesy and as 1976-network-TV-movie-of-the-week-intro as possible.

I think I might’ve come dangerously close to succeeding. I can almost hear an Ernie Anderson voice-over on the thing just looking at it. 😆

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

Oooooh, much like a phantom limb, when I see that I can almost feel like I’m wearing brown corduroy bellbottomed pants and a beige plaid shirt with a huge collar on it. Whenever I think of the ’70s, I usually think in sepiatones. That’s pretty much the color scheme all my childhood photographs seem to be in, everything is brown and plaid. I think that’s why everything in the early ’80s was so bright and colorful, the world got tired of the blandness of the traditional ’70s limited color spectrum.

I thought about making the yellow part the same crap-brown as the site’s name up at the top, but then I remembered from my childhood that the ’70s was all about that oh-so-wrong progression from brown to orange to a kind of dull mustard yellow. The color of trips to TG&Y and Montgomery Ward and the Odyssey 500 box. 😳

In a similar vein…

…cause, you know, the early ’80s were all about floating chrome letters/words in space (HBO movie intro, I’m looking at you).

ZLoth
    ZLoth

In order to really get that retro feel, you would need something called a “Scanimate”. See http://scanimate.zfx.com/ .

How hard are you gonna laugh when I tell you I recognize some of the (very analog) gear in the Asheville photo? 😳

ZLoth
    ZLoth

Not very hard. After all, I have a 2″ Ampex reel with blank tape in my closet.

Also in the “useless stuff, but at least now we have it” category…

Jump Cut City lives again after the crash/hack/deletion fiasco. At this point there isn’t much on it, but as today’s blog entry in Scribblings is fiddygibber-centric, I thought I’d better get it up and running again, even in stripped down form.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed