Doctor Who lost Dalek episode has been recreated and will be released

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Science Fiction Doctor Who Doctor Who lost Dalek episode has been recreated and will be released

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Earl Earl 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ZLoth
    ZLoth

From Radio Times:

Doctor Who lost Dalek episode has been recreated and will be released after 54 years
    A new version of 1965 episode Mission to the Unknown will premiere on the Doctor Who YouTube channel

Ring the cloister bell, it’s finally happened: lost Doctor Who episode Mission to the Unknown will finally be seen on screens.

Well, sort of. Although original footage of the 1965 episode featuring the Daleks is still lost to the time vortex, a team of students, graduates and staff from the University of Central Lancashire have reconstructed the lost instalment.

FULL ARTICLE HERE

“You can not operate in this room unless you believe that you are Superman, and whatever happens, you’re capable of solving the problem.” – Gene Kranz

Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

I am so glad I didn’t have to do this with a camcorder and action figures and funny voices with vague British accents. That was gonna take forever.

Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

Here it is, 54 years to the day after it premiered. It’s kind of lovely.

I really like the Dalek who asks if the humans are to be taken in for interrogation. “It’s your first day as a Dalek, isn’t it, Jim? Word of advice: that’s not what we do. Interrogate humans when you’re punched out, but when we’re on the clock, we exterminate.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.