Comcast Pressures Local Cable Firms to Curb Low-Cost TV Packages

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Media The Biz Comcast Pressures Local Cable Firms to Curb Low-Cost TV Packages

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Earl Earl 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ZLoth
    ZLoth

From Bloomberg:

Comcast Pressures Local Cable Firms to Curb Low-Cost TV Packages

Comcast Corp. is trying to restrict cable operators’ sales of low-cost TV service to ensure its regional sports networks don’t lose too many subscribers, according to a trade group of about 750 smaller companies that have taken their complaint to regulators.

Comcast has tried to limit the availability of sports-free offerings in contract talks with pay-TV operators, according to the American Cable Association, whose members have about 7 million subscribers. In addition to being the largest U.S. cable provider, Comcast owns regional sports channels in markets such as Boston, Chicago and Philadelphia.

FULL ARTICLE HERE

“We’ve never lost an American in space, we’re sure as hell not gonna lose one on my watch! Failure is not an option.” – Gene Kranz

Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

Desler

Comcast can kiss my shiny metal ass. Man, these cable/broadcast industry equivalents of trying to keep fossil fuels alive are getting both pathetic and funny to watch.

ZLoth
    ZLoth

Well, this is why I’m with Consolidated Communications for my Internet access instead of Comcast. This is despite the fact that I can get up to 200 Mbps down with Comcast, but only 15 Mbps down/3 Mbps up with Consolidated.

“We’ve never lost an American in space, we’re sure as hell not gonna lose one on my watch! Failure is not an option.” – Gene Kranz

Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

I have no choice but to stay with Cox – there’s one other ISP here and it’s a local one with a terrible service reputation – but I’m very happy with both the internet speed I have out in the boonies, and Cox’s stance on numerous regulatory issues of late.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed