Caprica season 1 won’t resume until JANUARY?

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Science Fiction American / Canadian SF Battlestar Galactica Caprica season 1 won’t resume until JANUARY?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Earl's previous regeneration Earl’s previous regeneration 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Way to kill a promising show, SyFy. Way to go.

:frak:

Looks like SyFy is reneging on this (bad) idea and hauling Caprica back to an October premiere. YAY. :koolaid: It’ll be on Tuesdays after SGU, from what I’m reading.

(Given the ridiculousness of the original schedule, I suppose I should specify that we’re talking October of this year.)

Caprica’s dead – not just bombed by the Cylons, but a bomb in the ratings. From Entertainment Weekly [LINK]…

Caprica is toast. Syfy has announced that the low-rated Battlestar Galactica prequel has been canceled.

“The remaining first run episodes of Caprica – airing Tuesdays at 10/9c – will be removed from the schedule as of next Tuesday, November 2,” said the network in a statement. “These final five episodes of the season will be re-scheduled to air at a to be announced time in the first quarter of 2011, and will conclude the run of the series.”

But there may be more to it than mere ratings, according to Airlock Alpha [LINK]…

The writing seemed to be on the wall as early as Friday when the network announced it was reformatting its planned web prequel series “Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome” to an actual television series, utilizing the talents of Battlestar executive producer David Eick as well as former producers David Weddle and Bradley Thompson, who spent two seasons on “CSI” on CBS.

My take: I don’t anticipate Blood & Chrome going to series. Screw us once, shame on us for forgetting how Farscape was handled. Screw us twice… nah, just not gonna let it happen, SyFy.

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Michael Hinman over at Airlock Alpha has made no secret of his opinion that Syfy (A) has treated Caprica like craprica, and (B) needs to go ahead and show the last five episodes instead of pulling the show off the air like it never existed. (Hinman has a storied history with Syfy anyway, seeing as they took their new name from his site, which is almost as old as theLogBook and used to be known as Syfy Portal; he got paid, but reading between the lines in various things he’s posted over the past couple of years, one also gets the impression that he got screwed out of the deal.)

Anyway, the headline of his latest article at Airlock Alpha is:

‘Caprica’ Fans Looking For Illegal Downloads
    Syfy halted episodes in the United States, but the ‘Battlestar Galactica’ spinoff continues abroad

Although Syfy’s parent, NBC Universal, owns the rights to “Caprica,” it has not stopped international distribution of the show, meaning English versions of the show are popping up on illegal torrent sites — mostly as digital captures from the Canadian cable channel Space. That network has now aired three of the final five episodes, including the most recent — “The Heavens Will Rise” — Tuesday night.

😆 Thanks for the heads up, Mike! Not that we’d do such a thing. Ever. No sir.

He covers his six with the following:

Airlock Alpha doesn’t name bit torrent sites because it will not promote piracy, an illegal act that counts as theft against the people and studios that create and finance the material.

Of course you don’t. 😛 It’s okay, we see what you did there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed