Batman: Arkham Asylum (2009)

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Phosphor Dot Fossils Computer Gaming Batman: Arkham Asylum (2009)

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by ZLoth ZLoth 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ZLoth
    ZLoth

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Everyone says this is a good game. Lets see what Steam has to say:

Critically acclaimed Batman: Arkham Asylum returns with a remastered Game of the Year Edition, featuring 4 extra Challenge Maps. The additional Challenge Maps are Crime Alley; Scarecrow Nightmare; Totally Insane and Nocturnal Hunter (both from the Insane Night Map Pack).

OK, that was tremendously helpful. Looks like I have to summarize the plot. The game opens up with Batman capturing the Joker and hauling his sorry ass to Arkham Asylum. However, Batman suspects that Joker is up to no good, as the Joker’s capture was just a little too easy. Bat’s right, of course, as the Joker quickly escapes, everyone is trapped on Arkham Asylam, and a great ten-hour game ensues.

One of the challenges with a game like this drawing from the long decades of Batman history is what to include and what to leave out. The creators decided to go with the ever-favorite Joker, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Bane, Scarecrow, and Killer Croc. The bonus part is that Kevin Conroy, Mark Hamill, and Arleen Sorkin reprised their roles from Batman: The Animated Series as Batman, the Joker, and his sidekick Harley Quinn respectively.

Other characters of the Bat-verse, however, get “cameos” as you solve the Riddler’s challenge during the game. Even though I finished the main story, I spent a few hours afterward finding all of the secrets. (Hint: Smash ALL of the chattering teeth. Especially in Warden Sharp’s office).

With some minor tweaking to remove the 60FPS limit (not to mention the intro movies), the game was very much playable on my 2560×1440 setup, even without a GeForece Experience profile. Some of the pre-rendered movies, however, were slightly pixelated as they were composed for the lower resolutions of the 2009 release.

This was a well-enjoyed video game, and I look forward to playing the next game in the series.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed