Back To The TARDIS- Tulsa, OK, March 21st

Hailing frequencies open… Forums theLogBook.com Road Trip! Back To The TARDIS- Tulsa, OK, March 21st

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Earl's previous regeneration Earl’s previous regeneration 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

From the folks behind last year’s Doctor Who Mini-Con.

Part convention, part dance event. (Before you turn up your nose, know that I did really, really well as a vendor at the Mini-Con last year. Strongly considering doing so again here if schedule/finances allow.)

I’m locked in as a vendor for this show.

…aaaaaaand had to pull out at the last minute due to family issues. Don’t get me wrong, I love my kids to pieces. But I haven’t had many opportunities to make a buck this year, and this would’ve been the first really significant chance to do so. So I really don’t want all support (i.e. babysitting, etc.) yanked out from under me and then hear the next day how I’m not doing anything to make money. If this was GlitchCon or Konsplosion, an all-ages deal, then it would’ve been time to pack up the diaper bag for Little C and some snacks for Little E and do the show anyway. But this was an 18+ event (since they have an open bar at the venue) and I couldn’t do that. And that aside, I certainly couldn’t take the kids until the wee hours of the morning. I really was looking at this as work, not really fun – riding a vendor table all weekend really cuts you out of most of the fun. There are friends I know there, but it’s not like OVGE where most of the fun is had inside the dealers’ island. 😆

I made my apologies, let my friend who had the next table over take my table, and told the organizer to keep the table fee (at the very least my web address will be in the program). Sigh. No bridges burned there, but when you “disappear” at the last minute too many times, people stop inviting you to be a vendor/speaker at these things.

Sorry, here endeth the venting.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed