Atari 5200 Venture

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Steve W Steve W 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

Well this is a surprise. Say hello to my little friend Winky. [LINK]

Venture was originally released in 1981 as a fantasy arcade game that later appeared on the ColecoVision and then finally the Atari 2600 and Intellivision. However from our research it was supposed to appear on the Atari 8bit and Atari 5200 by Atlantis Games Group, but it looks as if it never did. So what has appeared in the wild is an Atari 5200 version. Currently there is nothing to say where this version came from as many are asking that question, but what we can tell you is the game does look very good indeed.

You can download it from the AtariAge forums and try it for yourself here.

On the off chance something happens to it, you can also just download it right here.

EDIT: the ROM has indeed disappeared from AtariAge. Not sure why, I just had a feeling – seems like nothing cool happens in “the scene” or in that hobby without a truckload of drama driving in right behind it.

• This topic was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Earl Earl.
    • This topic was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Earl Earl.
    Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

Thanks for having the backup link to the ROM. I had to rename the file with .a52 to get my emulator to run it though. I haven’t played it yet, I’ve actually spent more time trying to bash together a decent looking Venture box so I can have some artwork to look at in OpenEmu. My painfully limited image editing skills are really letting me down.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed