As heard on…

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Steve W Steve W 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I’m down with OPP (other people’s podcasts)… yeah, you know me.

SciFiFX.com Podcast #115, in which Carl and I talk about Doctor Who… for two hours. The Storybundle and VWORP!1 get a mention in there somewhere, as do the Star Cops theme song, the wobbly end credits of Blake’s 7, missing episode rumors, Big Finish, fan-made videos of the ’90s, and much more. So much fun we didn’t know when to call it a day.

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

I listened to this at work last night… I thought the actress who plays Kate Stewart on Doctor Who was the same actress who portrayed her in the fan film that introduced the character?

Nope, two actresses, same character. They look reasonably similar though, for an age spread of nearly 20 years.

You Don’t Know Flack #142: Star Wars Toys, in which Flack and I proceed to geek out at great length about vintage Star Wars collecting. Special guest appearances by Garth Vader, R2-P2, and the Six Million Dollar Wampa.

You Don’t Know Flack #145: About Podcasting, in which I drop by for a few minutes to talk about the process of making the Escape Pod, why I picked that format, and so on. I’ll probably expand upon this in a supplemental blog entry at some point.

Flack
    Participant

As of today, the Star Wars episode has 2,931 downloads/listens.

The “About Podcasting” episode has 2,544, which is amazing has it’s only been out for two weeks.

I would love to do a regular multi-person/roundtable podcast but the logistics are a pain in the butt.

Yeah, it’s even harder now that I’m not in that parking lot all the time.

But think about the evening news. Is it all one person all the time? Nope. You have a couple of folks in (newsie speak here) the “A” block, doing the major news. The weather guy’s in the “B” block, because it’d be silly if the news anchors were talking about weather. The main guys are back in the “C” block to do the second string and national stories, and then the “D” block has the sports guy doing sports.

If everyone sent their bits in for one show and had their own specialties… that’d be quite something, wouldn’t it?

For those interested, by the way, here’s my follow-up blog post – Escape Pod stuff I left out of my “phone in” to YDKF, otherwise I would’ve taken up the whole show.

Flack
    Participant

Most people who contributed something followed up with a “D’oh! I forgot to mention [x]!” Myself included. There may be a follow up episode at some point.

I recorded an over-an-hour-long interview with the crew from the MarkWho42 podcast last night, which will air in January. I really need to do more group or at least more-than-one-person podcasts more often, it was quite funny, a bit raunchy at times, and lots and lots of detours from the stated aim of talking Doctor Who, Star Trek, and British sci-fi. I’ll give everyone a heads-up when it’s about to drop.

And here’s the MarkWHO42 podcast, actually an extended version (the original was smooshed down to fit a radio timeslot), which still uses only about half of the full interview. 😆 Topics discussed in this attention-deficit ramble down memory lane: Doctor Who, Star Trek, Class, Dave Allen at Large, Friday the 13th: The Series, Moonbase 3, clueless UPN management, Neelix’s forgotten striptease career, Chakotay’s love child, Katy Manning’s Dalek nudes, a delicatessen, and much more. You have been warned…it’s barely SFW.

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

Hmmm, I can’t reach the website since apparently the free wi-fi at Pollo Tropical (a Carribean chicken fast food place around this area) has blocked it. I might give it a shot at McDonald’s later, they don’t really care as much (my internet is still acting up/dead, so I’m doing the local tour of restaurants with free wi-fi for now, most of which have painfully slow internet).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed