And the 13th Doctor is…

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Science Fiction Doctor Who And the 13th Doctor is…

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by ZLoth ZLoth 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

…going to be revealed on BBC1 this Sunday after the Wimbledon Men’s Finals.

And here I was, kind of perversely hoping they could manage to keep it under wraps until Christmas.

ZLoth
    ZLoth

And here is the YouTube Reveal.

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

It just feels to me like stunt casting. Hopefully they can write decent episodes for her. I’m kind of expecting her run to be a Peter Davison-style era, a bit of a bland personality with bland writing resulting in fairly forgettable TV.

k8track
    Participant

I guess I’d always assumed that the biological sex of a Time Lord remained consistent throughout all of the generations. I’m OK with the new direction, but now it suddenly seems a bit Trillish.

Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

Well, we’d already had Missy, and even before that, the Doctor mentioned the Corsair switching genders during regeneration in “The Doctor’s Wife”.

The actress is a good choice – she’s been in Black Mirror and of course Broadchurch, as well as the 2011 movie Attack The Block, which also launched the career of one John “Finn” Boyega. Now it’s all down to the scripts.

Who should the companion be? I’m hoping for Brian Blessed as Romana’s 12th incarnation.

ZLoth
    ZLoth

Can we just put some faith in the writers and show runners and see what happens before we pass judgement? The way some fans have been reacting, it’s Christopher Eccleston all over again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed