And so it begins

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Flack 1 year ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

(Click to see full size – it’s from an eBay listing.)

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

No Han Solo either in classic form or older new movie form. Hmmmm…. Either this person wasn’t able to swipe any Han figures from whatever factory he works at (that apparently is making European releases, judging by the package text) or with Harrison Ford breaking his leg at the start of production, maybe he’s barely in this one. Or, you know, gets killed at the end since that’s the speculation because the main character’s mentors always die at the beginning of SW trilogies.

I’ve picked up Finn, Rey and Poe Dameron; all the packaging is multilingual like that.

Apparently the above photo of Kylo Ren (Kylo Stimpy not included) is as close as you’re ever likely to get to seeing the real thing. I haven’t seen or been able to buy one. He’s disappeared like Darth Maul in April ’99.

ubikuberalles
    ubikuberalles

@Steve W wrote:

No Han Solo either in classic form or older new movie form.

Too bad because, if you had them, you could have them face each other and ask: “Which Han Solo would shoot first?”

It’s a Zen thing, I think. Like “What’s the sound of one hand clapping?”

What is the sound of one Han clapping?

ubikuberalles
    ubikuberalles

@earl wrote:

What is the sound of one Han clapping?

Don’t you mean: “What’s the sound of a Solo Han clapping?”

Force Friday 2016 was almost a total bust for me. Which is funny, because for most of the past month, Wal-Mart has had Rogue One figures out on the pegs, prematurely, which the register would never let me buy. The register would pop up a code that told the checkout attendants that this wasn’t supposed to be out on the shelves yet.

So they’d keep it and put it back on the shelves.

I planned to get three figures, four at most, today: Sabine (one of the female characters from Rebels), Jyn Erso (primary female character from Rogue One), the Black Series 3 3/4″ Leia from The Force Awakens (apparently the only way we’ll be getting TFA Leia in that scale is via the Black Series), and maybe – if I could afford it after those three – the sarcastic Rogue One droid whose name I forget.

So I walk in this morning and…there’s one Sabine on the peg. No Jyn Erso, no new Black Series, no death troopers, no other Rogue One characters. Just Sabine.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy to have that character at last, but the product rollout this year seemed wildly uncoordinated, like they’ve never done this before or something. And yet they did it just a year ago, and did it well.

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

I have to wonder what the percentage is of people buying the toys for children versus the percentage of people buying them for collecting purposes. I’m guessing the collectors far outweigh the happy children tearing open the toys and wearing them out.

Flack
    Participant

If you’re talking specifically about Rogue Friday, I’m guessing it’s 95% collectors, maybe more. I can’t imagine very many kids being excited about figures of characters in a movie that’s not out yet.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed