Al Lowe reveals his Sierra source code collection—then puts all of it on eBay

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Phosphor Dot Fossils Computer Gaming Al Lowe reveals his Sierra source code collection—then puts all of it on eBay

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Earl Earl 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ZLoth
    ZLoth

From Ars Technica:

Al Lowe reveals his Sierra source code collection—then puts all of it on eBay
    “This is the only copy!” and “I backed everything up because I knew Sierra didn’t.”

Al Lowe, one of Sierra On-Line’s seminal game creators and programmers, has been sitting on a pile of his original games’ source code files for over 30 years, fully convinced that they are worthless.

“I’m 72 years old, and none of my kids want this junk!” Lowe said in an interview with YouTube personality MetalJesusRocks (aka Jason Lindsey, himself an ex-Sierra developer and a friend of Ars). “Does anybody?”

FULL ARTICLE HERE

“You can not operate in this room unless you believe that you are Superman, and whatever happens, you’re capable of solving the problem.” – Gene Kranz

Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

Wow.

Part of me was wondering if he’s ill and needs to raise the money.

Then, after reading this…it really reads a lot more like “My kids have no interest in my work…fine, I’m gonna make some cash off the people who are interested and show my kids what’s what, because whether they want to admit it or not, Leisure Suit Larry put them through college.”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.