Adventures with YouTube

Hailing frequencies open… Forums theLogBook.com The Site Adventures with YouTube

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Steve W Steve W 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

So, some time back I started a YouTube page, more or less duplicating some of the best of my workreel stuff that’s been posted here forever. Tonight I logged in for the first time in quite a while and got this note:

We have received copyright complaint(s) regarding material you posted, as follows:

from Twentieth Century Fox Film Corp about UPN 32 (Green Bay) promo: Simpsons Invasion Spoof – Earl Green
    Video ID: zLG-duzbQfQ

I’ve submitted my appeal to them based on the fact that it is an actual, broadcast-used, as-aired promo, and it’s one from 199freakin9, and it is posted as one of the items on my resume reel. I don’t expect any of that to have any bearing on anything, but what the hell, it’s worth a shot.

This, by the way, is why I’m not sure it would even make any sense to post anything to do with the proposed web series on Youtube, other than a promo pointing toward thelogbook. I know it’s the go-to place for video, but I can post video on my own site just fine, without the hassle that being on Youtube seems to be a magnet for these days.

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

Plus, posting anything on YouTube pretty much guarantees comments filled with the word “faggot”, along with racial epithets. All badly written, of course, demonstrating the intelligence level of YouTube commenters.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed