A Clash of Kings: A Song of Ice and Fire (Book 2)

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Media Books A Clash of Kings: A Song of Ice and Fire (Book 2)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Earl's previous regeneration Earl’s previous regeneration 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ZLoth
    ZLoth

This is the unabridged audio.

@Publishers Summary wrote:

A comet the color of blood and flame cuts across the sky. And from the ancient citadel of Dragonstone to the forbidding shores of Winterfell, chaos reigns. Six factions struggle for control of a divided land and the Iron Throne of the Seven Kingdoms, preparing to stake their claims through tempest, turmoil, and war.

It is a tale in which brother plots against brother and the dead rise to walk in the night. Here a princess masquerades as an orphan boy; a knight of the mind prepares a poison for a treacherous sorceress; and wild men descend from the Mountains of the Moon to ravage the countryside. Against a backdrop of incest and fratricide, alchemy and murder, victory may go to the men and women possessed of the coldest steel…and the coldest hearts. For when kings clash, the whole land trembles.

©1999 George R.R. Martin; (P)2004 Books on Tape, Inc.

37 hrs and 12 mins.

Let me state that again. 37 hrs and 12 mins. That is longer than 33 hrs and 50 mins of the first book (unabridged), yet shorter than the next book of 47 hrs and 40 mins. So, going through a GoT book is like a marathon: Very tiring. While I am tempted to jump right into the third book because of all the plot twists and characterizations (Roy Dotrice provides excellent narration and characterizations), I feel that I need to take a break from the GoT universe and listen to other stuff before I tackle book 3.

“You can not operate in this room unless you believe that you are Superman, and whatever happens, you’re capable of solving the problem.” – Gene Kranz

I didn’t even know Roy Dotrice was still with us. Amazing voice on that guy.

ZLoth
    ZLoth

Agreed. Excellent voice that made the audiobooks.

“You can not operate in this room unless you believe that you are Superman, and whatever happens, you’re capable of solving the problem.” – Gene Kranz

I hope I still sound reasonably good when I’m 90.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.