10 Rare and Game-Changing Pinball Machines to Seek Out in DFW

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Phosphor Dot Fossils Arcade Gaming 10 Rare and Game-Changing Pinball Machines to Seek Out in DFW

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Steve W Steve W 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ZLoth
    ZLoth

From Dallas Observer:

10 Rare and Game-Changing Pinball Machines to Seek Out in DFW

A couple of years ago, we made a plea for Dallas to step up and produce a cool pinball lounge. A renewed wave of interest in the delightfully approachable game had made its way to other major cities like New York and San Francisco — but Dallas? Nada. Well, unless you count the occasional movie theater machine with nickels, hair and soda sludge clogging its quarter slot.

Well, we’ll be damned if today you can’t throw a rock just about anywhere in this city and hit a combination craft beer bar/arcade with a pinball expert on staff. Cidercade and the Free Play franchise are just a couple of the options local pinball lovers have today.

FULL ARTICLE HERE

“All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can’t get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.” —IBM Manual, 1925

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

Wait… there’s a pinball museum… in Midlothian? I drove through there Wednesday afternoon! I’m horrified to know it’s out there and I was completely unaware. I’m taking a couple weeks of vacation starting next week, and once I’ve dealt with all the other junk I need to get out of the way I’ll have to check the place out.

ZLoth
    ZLoth

But before you do, see this page

Texas-Pinball-Museum-Google-Chrome-2019-08-29-06-55-05

🙁

“All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can’t get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.” —IBM Manual, 1925

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

I just saw that. It’s crushing to find out that it’s surprisingly close and once I know it’s there they shutter the place.

I’ve been in that building before, actually. Years back somebody was doing a flea market-type thing there. It was a small building. I can’t imagine many pinball machines would fit in there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.